This device works slightly differently than many Cervical Traction device, but can be just as effective when used properly and regularly. The Pronex Pneumatic Cervical Traction Device works by pushing air into the piece that is found between two cushions (one that sits at the back of the head (the Occiput), and one that rests on the shoulder area (the Upper Trapezius).
The air inflating between the two provides up to 35 lbs of traction, pushing the head upward, stretching the neck and creating proper space between the cervical discs for blood circulation and oxygenation, both of which are crucial in the healing process.
- The cushions on this device are made from foam coated in polyurethane, making it flexible enough for comfort but yet stable enough to support the patient and provide proper traction for relief.
- The device supports the user’s head and neck in the natural and correct curve of the cervical spine.
- The easy to control hand pump allows the patient to have full control over the increase and decrease in traction as needed. The device also features a gentle release for maximum comfort.
- Comfortable head strap provides support and help in the counterforce technique.
- Does not put any pressure on the TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) as most more traditional devices did, causing unnecessary discomfort.
- The light, simple, and portable design is perfect for use while travelling.
- Absolutely no assembly is required with this device, it truly is ready to use straight from the package.
- Patients generally do not require assistance and are able to use the device independently, making it more convenient. In studies this has shown a greater resolve in patients to actually continue with the treatments.
- Encourages proper posture, which results in less pressure being placed on the nerves that may cause discomfort or irritation.
- Available in three sizes, allowing the individual to choose the one that is the best fit for them, instead of a one size fits all option.
- Also includes a One Year Warranty with purchase.
It is worth mentioning as well that this product is priced significantly lower than many Cervical Traction Devices making it a great choice for those who need to find relief but do not have an excessive amount of money to spend, or for those who are unsure if this treatment will benefit them but wish to try it without breaking the bank.
As with all medical devices, it is crucial to consult with your practitioner before beginning a treatment or regimen of any kind. Your doctor will be able to guide you towards the right amount of pressure to use, when to increase, etc without causing yourself further damage.
All in all, this is a great device for those who are in need of a gentle, yet effective treatment plan, or for those who need something that is highly portable such as people who travel regularly for work or for pleasure. It can also be used in an attempt to avoid medicinal or surgical alternatives.