This device, the newer model Cervical Home Traction Device by ComforTrac, has a couple of new and improved design features above its older counterpart, however the standard of quality within the brand has stayed at the same impressive level.
It works in the same way that most Cervical Traction Devices work, by stretching the head away from the neck, leaving space between the vertebrae to relieve pressure and allow space for blood and oxygen flow. By allowing this “breathing room”, it enables the body to heal.
Product Details and Features:
- Ease of use is a prominent feature with this device. The method is so simple that an individual is generally able to get themselves into, and use, the device without any assistance.
- The comfortable design is an overall wonderful benefit, and a great selling point in and of itself. The headrest pillow is constructed from memory foam and covered with synthetic leather.
- Position of use: This device is used in a lying down position, allowing for the body to relax, which is a benefit since the treatment is not nearly as effective when the body is tense. The incline is also adjustable between ten, fifteen, and twenty degrees.
- Ease of Cleaning: The removable neck wedge pieces, and synthetic leather fabric make the device very easy to clean.
- The hand pump displays in both pounds and kilograms making it useful in an almost universal manner.
- Easily adjustable. This is one feature that they were able to improve upon, the pump is designed to automatically lock, removing the need for the ‘twist’ feature. This makes it very easy to increase and decrease the tension.
- The tension range of this device is up to 50lbs, providing treatment options for any need.
- The majority of the pressure from this device is placed on the back of the head (Occiput), instead of on the TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) increasing the comfort level for the user.
- The quick release safety feature allows immediate release of the tension if the patient needs to end the treatment for any reason.
- The device is lightweight, and includes a carry case with purchase, making it very portable.
- A 3 year Manufacturer’s Warranty proves brand confidence.
This product is an improved version of an already wonderful device! Modeled after clinical and in-office devices, it utilizes tried and true methods of treatment. It comes with heavy recommendation from the physiotherapy community, and practitioners as a whole.
However, it is highly important to remember that this and any similar device should only be used under specific instruction and guidance of a medical professional, because they are able to give you the information you need to keep you from further damage.
Overall, this is a high quality product and a viable aspect to consider trying before going the medicinal or surgical route. Although it does come with a fairly large price, it is proven to be far less expensive (and in many cases just as beneficial) than regular sessions of in office physiotherapy!