This device, the ComforTrac Cervical Traction Unit, is a highly recommended alternative to traditional physiotherapy techniques for many different neck and spine related issues. It works by gently and gradually stretching the neck upwards, creating space between the vertebrae which relieves pressure and creates space for blood circulation and oxygen flow, which are both vital components to help the body heal.
This is the same treatment method that is generally used in physiotherapy offices.
It is a treatment that can be performed on your own, and in the comfort of your own home, however it is still absolutely necessary to seek your therapist’s or practitioner’s advice before beginning the treatment process, and as directed during the treatment. Your doctor can suggest a starting point for the amount of tension, as well as a schedule on when and if you should progress.
Product Details and Features:
- Comfortable Design: The device’s headrest is made from memory foam, and covered in synthetic leather, allowing for comfort during the treatment which helps the body relax instead of impeding the healing process with tenseness. The angle is also customizable in increments of ten, fifteen, and twenty degrees depending on personal comfort.
- Easy to Clean: The easily removable neck wedges and synthetic leather design allow for the device to be cleaned quickly and easily.
- User friendly: This device is very easy and quick to set-up and use, allowing the individual (in most cases) to use the device without assistance.
- Easily Adjustable: The pump and twist design of the hand pump makes it easy to adjust the applied tension for optimal relief.
- Universal: The pump displays tension in both pounds and kilograms, allow it to be used almost universally without a need for conversion charts.
- The tension range is up to 50 lbs, allowing for a full range of treatment, as well as a slow and steady increase or decrease as needed.
- Quick release safety feature allows removal of the pressure instantly if the patient begins to feel uncomfortable, or needs to end the treatment for any reason.
- No pressure is placed on the TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) during treatment, it is instead focused on the back of the head (the Occiput) making it much more comfortable for the user.
- 3 year Manufacturer’s Warranty displays the company’s confidence in their device and product line.
- Portability: The device’s lightweight design and included carrying case make it very easy to take your treatment with you anywhere you go.
All in all, this is a very promising solution to your issues with neck pain of almost any kind, both chronic and injury induced. While there is a significant drawback in comfort if you happen to have a thicker neck as the adjustable wedges do have limits in this regard.
It also comes with a significant price tag, but if you are suffering, it is definitely well worth the price paid to achieve the given sense of relief! Also, in comparison to the price of regular physiotherapy sessions, it seems almost insignificant!
This device is a proven and valuable alternative to medicinal or surgical options that may be otherwise necessary.